Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.
1.5 tbspn sugar
1.5 tbspn vegetable oil
1tbspn salt 3 cups harina pan (precooked cornmeal)
1 block of salty white cheese (Latin) cut into, long-cubed slices
1 plastic bag for forming your empanada
MAKE THE DOUGH
1. Mix harina pan, sugar, vegetable oil, and salt in a medium bowl. Pour 3 cups of warm water into the bowl gradually until a soft dough forms.
2. Take the dough out of the bowl and place it on a clean surface. Kneading constantly until the dough comes together, adding more water if needed.
MAKE THE EMPANADA
1. Add water and sprinkle of vegetable oil to one of the small bowls to be used as you work with the dough. Cut open your plastic bag so that it is completely expanded. Add a thin layer of the water/oil mix in your small bowl to the surface of the plastic bag.
2. Take enough dough to form into a ball and place it on the center of the plastic bag, pressing down to form a flattened ~5" circle.
3. Place 2-3cheese slices on one half of the circle-shaped dough, then fold the plastic bag over the cheese, bringing the other side of the dough to form a half-circle empanada.
4. Using the other small bowl, flip it upside-down bowl and gently press it over the empanada to finalize the shape into a semi-circle.
5. Lift the plastic bag and unveil your empanada. Remove any excess dough that might have separated. Make sure dough is sealed on all edges so no cheese comes out - use your fingers to seal the deal.
6. Heat a pan with half an inch of vegetable oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, place your empanada in the pan for about 5 minutes on each side.
7. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Stay up to date on the latest product releases, special offers & news by signing up for our newsletter.